Thursday, July 10, 2008

poor hands

One would think that after all I've been through to finally be able to just ride my little scooter to BYU that the saga would be over. But no. After the tune-up, inspection, registration, written exam, and the normal growing pains of learning to drive a new kind of vehicle, i'm getting some lovely little blisters on my hands (callouses maybe? hopefully?) from constant gear-shifting and general rattling of the bike. It may have something to do with the fact that every time i want to brake or put on my signal, or change gears, I have to stretch my fingers to the max just to be able to pull off these oh-so-important maneuvers. And, I find today that my wrists are shaking (not while i'm driving.) today, at work while I contemplated this disturbing development, I wondered if I was showing signs of Parkinson's or if the muscles in my forearms were just overtaxed by both a) scooter driving and b) "Badmimbledon": Christina's and my weeklong badminton tournament. sigh Next, they will tell me I already have osteoporosis.

2 comments:

Amanda, Curtis, Ellis, Hugh, Rhys, Graham, Sylvia said...

Pear, don't you know a bad fairy put a curse on you when you were a baby. She said one day you would grow up, touch a scooter, and DIE! But the good fairy softened the curse, so now you'll just have shaking wrists until your true love comes with loves first kiss. (He'll kiss your hand first and that's how you'll know he's "the one.")

Just ask Ellis about all of this. She's the little bird who told me it was so.

Everyone at every age here plays badminton. The public parks have courts, but you can just rent a set from your apartment management and go out in the courtyard and play. But please keep off the grass. Why have we not done this yet? Because Ellis runs all over the place when we go outside. No fence in this yard! I look longingly out the window...

Erin M. said...

I realized one flaw in my logic: it was my left wrist that was shaking, and I play badminton with my right hand. I would obviously make a poor lawyer.

Transition

Nobody blogs anymore, and nobody reads blogs anymore, so I suppose here is as good a place as any to empty the contents of my bruised heart....