Wednesday, August 6, 2008

An exchange in the kitchen...

I came up the stairs tonight after reading Stephenie Meyer for a while, trying to unwind, and plopped myself onto a stool in the kitchen. Christina sat at the bar typing at her computer in the semi-darkness.

"What happens," I say, interrupting her thoughts, "when a dream you've had for a long time dies and nothing comes to take its place?"

Biddy (that's Christina for those who don't know) looks up pensively from her laptop and offers this profound insight, "I don't know about that. I've never had a recurring dream before. I always forget my dreams anyway."

I stared at her blankly for a good three or four seconds before crumpling into laughter. I've decided it was the perfect response: a) it was an extremely funny, and b)it helped me take myself less seriously.

And c)it only fed my theory that most people who sound like they know what they're talking about, usually don't.

1 comment:

Amanda, Curtis, Ellis, Hugh, Rhys, Graham, Sylvia said...

The more I think about this, the more I laugh. Biddy, you are too cute. Pear, respect your elders!

Transition

Nobody blogs anymore, and nobody reads blogs anymore, so I suppose here is as good a place as any to empty the contents of my bruised heart....