Friday, December 19, 2008

My, um, non-final. As it were.

Today i had the pleasant surprise of walking into my 7 p.m. Shakespeare final and finding a fine spread of pizzas laid out at the front of the classroom. Minutes later our professor announced that if our grade percentage was at a point that we were fine with we had the option of not taking the final and just staying with the grade we had. he then invited us to take a piece of pizza, maybe a cup of rootbeer, and just consider what we wanted to do individually.

Dared i hope...? I discreetly let myself out of the room, dashed upstairs to one of the computer labs, logged into my account, and quickly ascertained that (at a cool, and unexpected 97%!!!!) i would, in fact, have time to stop at the library tonight. With a spring in my step, i went back down to the classroom, helped myself to a piece of Costco pizza, gathered my things, thanked my professor and slipped away. Maybe it is my instinctive laziness that kept me from feeling even slightly miffed about the several days spent arduously studying for a test i didn't take. I'm just too grateful.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

genius. I am surrounded by school genius and look at the blessings you get--NO FINAL! AH, BLESSED blessed day! Can't wait to see you!

Amanda, Curtis, Ellis, Hugh, Rhys, Graham, Sylvia said...

Who is your teacher? Duerden? It sounds like the sneaky/nice kind of thing he'd do. So, are you "ahhhh duuuuuunnnnn" as Hugh would say?

Lindsay Mecham said...

Congrats! That is exciting.

Transition

Nobody blogs anymore, and nobody reads blogs anymore, so I suppose here is as good a place as any to empty the contents of my bruised heart....