Sunday, October 25, 2009

Retreat

I feel I have unwrapped too much.

Like I have spread myself too thin. As Bilbo Baggins would say, "Like butter scraped over too much bread."

I have entrusted all of myself to so many people I have almost nothing left over for me.

I just want to wrap myself up in blanket and sleep and just be me, and only me without reference to anyone else.

Sleep, where my reeling mind will heal. And the fragmented parts of myself will become one again.

This is what is known as sensory overload.

3 comments:

Katie said...

Pear! This is exactly how I've felt entering mommy-hood. Between work and housework, and cooking and cleaning there is little left for just me. I have found that having some sort of creative project helps me stay sane. Now I get why people make doilies. :D Though, lest you think I have completely lost it, I am not myself making doilies. It's the same concept. :D

Hope you find something that helps you! I tell ya, sanity is a hard thing to find these days, much less keep.

Anonymous said...

this post is a brilliant lyrical flow of words--very poetic and lovely and I wish it went on for pages. I love how you use your words.

Nancy said...

I say - make more butter!

Transition

Nobody blogs anymore, and nobody reads blogs anymore, so I suppose here is as good a place as any to empty the contents of my bruised heart....